CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday

      4 years is shocking to me.  I cannot believe it has been 4 years since Benjamin made his hasty appearance.  I remember it so clearly for many reasons.   The journey from there to where we are today is incredible.  I can't stress enough God's goodness in it all.  His guidance daily still helps me through the tough days.  I thought as time passed the scary and sad memories would begin to fade, they haven't, but watching him grow, learn, play and experience life makes them less frequent.  I appreciate every minute I get to spend with him.   He teaches me new things every day and I love how he just absorbs everything around him.  He is funny and busy and crazy at times, but his love for me is pretty remarkable.  I know all kids love there mom's like crazy, but I definitely feel a different connection with him...almost like he knows how much I fought for him.
    The summer has officially started and I know its going to be a good one.   We have some camping trips planned, lots of day trips planned and a lot of down time just hanging out together as a family.  These next few months are the end of one chapter in our lives as in September Benjamin officially becomes a kindergartner.  This next chapter is super exciting and scary all at the same time.   I think he's going to do great in school, but it makes me a little sad that he's really not my baby anymore.   I'm going to miss him.
   Anyways, I hope your summer is safe and fantastic.  I know ours will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment