CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I have so much anxiety getting ready for Benjamin's surgery. I cringe while I write his name on the inside of his pajamas..I did this while he was in the nicu. I will probably be at the hospital the full week with him. I am starting to pump and bottle feed a little so that I can get a break and come home. Benjamin also nurses around the clock, so much goal is to get him on a better schedule and do both. It will give Jon the opportunity to feed Benjamin and hopefully grow their bond a bit more. Benjamin is definitely a mama's boy and cries if I even leave for 20min. It will give me a little more freedom as well. I could spend a little more one on one time with the girls too. I hope he can do both, bottle and breast. I do enjoy nursing him, it just becomes a lot when he nurses every 2 hours. We'll see how it goes. He took a bottle from me the other day with no issues. We have our pre-admit appointment monday afternoon..where they'll tell us exactly what's going to happen. I'm definitley thankful for the extra dose of the RSV vaccine the doctor has. Benjamin will get that on Monday as well.
Benjamin is doing great. He is starting to eat things like fruit puffs and rice cookies. He does really well. I was really surprised to watch him pick the rice puffs up and put them in his mouth..great for his fine motor skills. He's just doing so well.
Yesterday a mom I met on a preemie forum lost her little boy to NEC yesterday afternoon. SO SO sad....It is a quick reminder about how lucky we are to have Benjamin and that he is so well after battling such a serious illness. WE are blessed. Please pray for her and her husband as they now plan a funeral. Pray for us as we get ready this week for surgery....that we turn it over to God and not try to carry this on our own.

1 comment:

ordinary girl said...

((hugs)) Shannon I am thinking of you and your family as you prepare for this next surgery. Your little man is a strong boy and a fighter! Take comfort in that!

Post a Comment