CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

We have been laying low the last few days. Benjamin started coughing Tuesday night. Of coarse the week before surgery he comes down with something. Whatever is bugging him seems to be the same thing he has had a couple times this winter...cough, more wheezy then normal. So we increased his puffer which helps. His cough is definitely getting better so I'm optimistic that by Thursday he'll be fine. Benjamin also has an extra dose of the RSV vaccine. We're getting that tomorrow to, which I am extra thankful for because he'll in the hospital. The asthma dr. said RSV season runs into June. Tomorrow is pre-admit clinic where we get all the details of surgery. I'm anxious as usual. I just feel so stressed out about it...so worried. So worried about everything lately. I know I'm not praying enough..trying to carry it all on my own. I'm working on it.

We've been bottle feeding more lately. We're trying to get Benjamin onto some sort of schedule. He's not a very efficient nurser. I'm getting tired of nursing him every 2 hours. I am his pacifier which is ok sometimes, but he seems to need me all the time. So I'm back to pumping and he's finally taking the bottle. At first he had a fit because I think he thought it was a soother. Finally he realized that it wasn't and now takes it fine. So I think that will take some of the stress off. I can leave the house with the girls and not have to worry...I can go out for coffee with my friends (which I'm doing tonight for the first time in forever). I know its a bit selfish, but I'm tired...and he's still getting my milk, which is the important thing.

Anyways, I will post once more before surgery and then update as soon as I can on Thursday. Please pray Benjamin is fully healthy by Thursday. Pray for guidence for the doctor...I don't know if I've ever mentioned his surgeon by name. Her name is Dr.Butter..(pronounced Booter) and she is my hero :) Thanks for all the support.

1 comment:

ordinary girl said...

I'll be thinking of him and you of course. If you need anything let me know!

Post a Comment