CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

So the eye doctor was great. I really liked him and Benjamin was awesome. Everything checked out well. I was a little worried, he was on oxygen for a long time and that can effect eye sight. He does have slight astigmatism which we're going to monitor. He goes back in 8mths. I'm so thankful. With his prematurity and issues things could have been very different. The occupational therapist came yesterday morning too.. That went really well. Benjamin lasted about 30min, which is pretty good. She noticed that he was getting better with tummy time..really pushing himself up. So she was happy with that. We still have to work on him getting his feet up..he's getting there. We see the physio therapist tomorrow so I'm sure she'll have some more suggestions. Yesterday Benjamin's lips were blue for a lot of the day. I gave him some ventolin and it helped, but I still wasn't happy with the way they looked. So we made a trip to the ER. We were fast tracked which was nice. It was really busy and I was worried about exposing him to more germs. But they took us back right away to a private room. The doctor saw him and listened to him and thought that his blue lip was possibly a stress response or poor circulation. I was worried about poor oxygen saturation..but as soon as they hooked him up to the monitor he was 99-100% right away. The doctor also listened to him and heard his wheeze. She said it sounded like bronchiolitis. But she didn't order any oral steriods which is great. She just told us to keep using his puffers. So I'm glad we went just to be sure. Other then that we're laying low...

No comments:

Post a Comment