CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 months



Benjamin is 3 months old today. Its hard to believe that he's that old...but in a way it seems like he's been here forever. Today was a good day, but a hard day. Leaving St. Joes was just as difficult as I thought it would be. But going to the PCCU was good. Our nurse during the day was very friendly and helpful and our nurse tonight was also great. They are both on again tomorrow so I'm thankful for that. They let us show them how to change Benjamin's dressing....which was nice, but Vic. doesn't have the same things St. Joes does so it was a little difficult. Anyways hopefully after tomorrow we don't have to worry about. Benjamin had a test done today where they run a dye through the lower part of his intestine to make sure there are no blockages. They did a series of x-rays to follow it through his body. Last we heard it all looked great, so I'm thankful for that.
Surgery is at noon tomorrow. Benjamin will most likely be intubated and be back in a giraffe after. I am able to spend the night with him tomorrow night which is such a relief. They will have a bed ready for me in his room tomorrow. Benjamin is so awake and alert...I think sending him off to the OR will be most difficult this time...I hate to see him go through this all again. There is nothing worse then seeing your child go through so much.. Please take a minute tomorrow around noon to pray that God will guide the doctors hands and minds...and that this will be it for my boy.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I will be praying with everything I have today for Benjamin and the Dr's steady hands. hugs to you and Benjamin :) I look forward to the updates and check in often :)


Tanya

ordinary girl said...

That top pic has to be the most adorable pic of him yet!! I will be praying for Benjamin today. He is always on my mind and in my heart. I will pray for strength, patience and peace for you and Jon as well. ((hugs))

Post a Comment