CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Today was another ok day. Benjamin is back up to 14mls an hour. They bumped him up again at 10:00pm tonight. I have a lot of anxiety about it. He spit up a couple times tonight. That makes me nervous. But babies spit up, so it could to be him. The girls were pukers, so he could be to. He also has reflux..which he's on an acid blocker for. Its so hard to not over-analyze everything. But he's pooping lots, so thats good. He still has no central line. I am so angry about this situation. He needs the TPN to get decent nutrition...right now he's only getting half of what he needs in breastmilk. So he's losing weight. They wanted the line in this past Friday, then today the resident said she was fighting for it for today...and that didn't happen. Now we have an appointment for Friday. So he will have gone a week and a half without proper nutrition. Its totally unacceptable. I'm so worried about his development and growth, like he doesn't have enough against him. I thought he would be a priority because he needs the central line for his growth. Its complete nonsense and no one seems to care that my child is suffering. I am horrified by everything that has gone on there with Benjamin's care.
I just can't wait to get him out of there. I feel so helpless. But we'll keep pushing forward and pray that his feeds will increase smoothly and we can get out of there sooner then later.

2 comments:

Flamingo Girl said...

I'm so sad to hear this-I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. :(

Tanya said...

hugs Shannon, I hope things move forward quickly from here.

Keep up the good work Benjamin


Tanya

Post a Comment