CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Success



Today was a fairly good day. Jon spending the night at the hospital tending to Benjamin really helped. Today we decided to take some control over his care and change the order to the way we feel most comfortable with. The doctor was fine with this. I think he looked a little less red tonight and I think our method may work best. So that's what everyone is supposed to do. The nurse did some more bloodwork to make sure there was no infection brewing...causing the redness. But his bloodwork came back great...even better then yesterdays. His hemoglobin went from 88to 93 over night, so thats awesome.

When we were at the hospital tonight Benjamin was wide awake for a long time. We woke him up at 9pm and he was still awake when we left around 10:30. He was very alert and kicking his legs. He was looking around a lot. So I decided to try nursing again. Tonight he did great...I nursed for about 15 minutes. He had 2 little episodes during nursing, but he has to learn to suck, swollow and breath. He did well though, so I'm so excited.

So things are ok...today was a pretty a good day.

2 comments:

ordinary girl said...

I'm so glad to hear today was a good day!!

ordinary girl said...

I forgot to add nice BF shot~!!

Post a Comment