CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a day it has been. If I could steal Benjamin from the hospital I would. Since we have been at Vic. its been one thing after the other. Tonight was the worst. Benjamin had a long line inserted in July at St. Joes that was working perfectly until we got over to Vic. So I'm not sure what happened, but it started to leak. So the nurses put in a regular IV to run his TPN through..the nurse said to me that they have to keep an eye on it because the TPN weakens the veins. Well tonight Jon took Mackenzie for visit and walked into a room full of doctors. Apparently the IV shifted out of his vein and the TPN was being infused into his hand. The can cause damage to the tissue. His hand and arm were very swollen and he has a black spot on the top of it that is dead tissue. They are not sure in the end how much damage it will do. They may have to do some skin grafting..but we're hoping it will heal and not cause any muscle damage. The worst thing is that no one called us. The nurse found it at 4pm and we weren't notified at all..Jon walked in at 6:30pm and found them working on him. I am completely livid and almost afraid to leave him there. I feel like calling St. Joes and begging them to take us back. It seems like no one even looks at him between changing his diaper and feeding him every 3 hours. I'm so stressed out...Things were going so well. I just want to get him home...away from there.

3 comments:

ordinary girl said...

awww Shannon I'm really sorry to hear things aren't going as good at Vic. I hope that there is no perminant damage to his hand. Hang in there.

Tanya said...

:( on no :(


How stressfull! I hope he gets the breath,suck,swallow down pat and is home quickly.

hugs
Tanya

Flamingo Girl said...

Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry to read this. I just can't imagine how stressful this must be for you guys. Hang in there, and know we're continuing to pray for you.

Post a Comment