CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Finding a balance

  This will be the biggest trial. How do I divide my time between home and hospital? I am 3 days post-partum and exhausted. I don't get the opportunity to come home and rest with my new baby. I know it will be steep learning curve and the next few weeks will be the hardest. I know to, that as Benjamin gets bigger he'll be more active and know when I'm around. Then it will be even harder to leave him. Benjamin was good today. We met with some of the neo-natal doctors because he has a heart murmur. I guess this is very common in babies that are this small. They will try some medication to close the vessel causing the murmur. Hopefully this works. There is always the chance he may eventually need surgery to correct it. He is a fighter..he started feeding last night and tonight pulled the tube for the ventilator out himself. I am constantly pulling his hands off the the tubes and wires...he seems to always find them back. So now he just has a little mask over his nose giving him a few extra breaths. This is a big step. The nurses always tell us how great he is doing. I am so thankful for that.

4 comments:

ordinary girl said...

Sounds like he is doing great! I am thinking about him and you often. You will find that balance that you need! ((hugs))

Waybound said...

We wish you and Benjamin the best Shannon!

Jeremy

OrangeHeroMama said...

Grow and get stronger little man!

Flamingo Girl said...

Praying for you guys, and for adorable little Benjamin! Once I'm not sick anymore, I'll ask you about visiting and/or bringing some things by.

-Amy

Post a Comment