CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A good day

Today has been a good day. I feel pretty good...more rested. I went up to the hospital this afternoon and walked in on the doctors putting in a central line. Up until now all his fluids/medication get into his body through and umbilical catheter, but that can only last so long. As his cord dries up they have to move it. So poor Benjamin was under some blankets, just his arm out as the doctor put in the line. I can't even imagine how they get it into his tiny veins. All I know is he was bleeding quite a bit. And now that he is extubated he makes sounds when he cries. So I could hear his tiny cries from under the blanket. It was pretty sad. Anyways it was placed well and can stay in for several weeks, until he is feeding more regularly. Other then that he is pretty stable. He sleep a lot...around 23hrs a day, but the nurses say that's best and that he will grow better that way. I also met with the lactation nurse today. She said they usually start introducing baby to breast around 32weeks. That's only a month away and I'm really looking forward to that. He's a strong little boy....

1 comment:

OrangeHeroMama said...

awwww....what a sweet video! totally brought tears to my eyes with remembering..

Post a Comment