CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time to grow


Things have been so good with Benjamin. He started eating again yesterday and is tolerating my milk now.. I think it was just the medication upsetting his tummy in the first place. Instead of starting him on feeds every 6 hours, like originally planned they are now feeding him every 4 hours. This is awesome...He should start gaining weight at good pace now.
I got to hold him for over 2 hours today. It was so nice. I love spending that time with him. He cuddles right in and sleeps so peacefully. He was only recieving oxygen through nasal prongs while he was out. The nurses do this for periods of time through out the day to help him breathe more independently. Its called "sprinting".
I feel so blessed. I have such a great support system. I have great, encouraging friends, awesome parents who have helped out so much, and the community in general has been so wonderful. Plus Jon has been my rock through this all. He's a great man and I honestly don't know how I would get through this without him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

all I can say is AMAZING..... Shannon and Jon stay strong. He is so precious

ordinary girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ordinary girl said...

Such Great News!!! What a champ you have there! He's an amazing little guy!!!

Post a Comment