CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well he's here




..and he's not supposed to be. What a way to come into the world. After being admitted to the antenatal unit last Friday I was positive after some observation that the doctors would let me go home on bed rest and I would be able to carry this baby at least a few months longer. After medication to stop contractions things quieted down, I started to feel better and things were looking up. But 2am Tuesday morning that all changed. I woke up to go to the bathroom feeling fine, noticed I was bleeding and that's when my contraction started. The doctors moved me to labour and delivery for observation. I saw a lot of doctors, no one had any answers on what was going on. My contractions were strong, but no unbearable, they were 5 min apart, but not getting any closer. No one new if I was truly in labour or not. Finally after and exhausting day I gave into some meds to help me sleep. With in minutes I was out cold. I slept soundly for 3 hours, but woke up frantic and ready to push. I called for the nurse hysterical and as they rushed me down the hall to the delivery I new it was time. Baby Benjamin was born barely in the delivery room...at 9:28pm. Thank God the neo-natal team is fast because they were ready and whisked him off. I didn't get to see him until close to midnight...Jon got a quick peak before they took him to the NICU. When I finally got to see him it was hard. I didn't expect him to be so small...I knew he was...I knew about the tubes and wires but it was so overwhelming.



Today is a new day...I woke up with the sun coming in my window, it felt good, so hopeful and promising. We have a lot of challenges a head of us..but with God all things are possible. I know He will help us through this too. Its amazing how life changes in a flash...

No comments:

Post a Comment