CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Another day



Well I hate to even mention that today was a bit better because I seem to jinx myself....But it was. Benjamin was pretty quiet. This morning his bloodwork was wonky and they had to increase the help he was getting...but throughout the day he seemed to be doing a lot more breathing on his own. His chest x-ray also looked better today. He still has a partially collapsed lobe, but if all goes well tonight they will switch him to a conventional ventilator tomorrow which will hopefully help inflate that part of his lung. The doctor also said that he seems to be going in the right direction for surgery this week or early next. So fingers crossed that will happen sooner then later. The surgeon is back in town tomorrow so I'm sure she'll check up on him. I think that's all for now, he's still on a little morphine to help with any pain. He was very fiesty today..he definitely didn't want anyone messing with him. He also had another blood transfusion...thats 5 so far. I really encourage everyone to go donate blood. I have a new appreciation for it all together now.

The one picture is of the breathing machine he's on...

No comments:

Post a Comment