CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sick little boy

We got a phone call from the nurse this early this morning. I think my heart skips a few beats everytime the hospital calls. Throughout the night Benjamin wasn't digesting his milk. They did an x-ray on his belly and things seemed kind of off. His belly was distended. The nurse stopped his feeds and did all sorts of tests. My poor little guy has blood taken from several sights and also a lumbar puncture. It makes me so sad that I can't always be there with him when he goes through these procedures. I just think about him crying and me being there to comfort him. Anyways, it will take a few days for some of the results to come in. They started a round of antibiotics and will repeat his x-ray this afternoon to check how things are going. The good thing is is that his breathing is still stable.. they increased his oxygen, but he is still just using the nasal cannulas. The nurse did say there was a chance they could have to intubate him again, we're praying that his breathing remains stable and they won't have to do that. I can't hold him or even touch him right now, so that is hard. I just want to comfort him. This is so hard, and I am so scared, but I know he's in the best place he can be right now. Pray for healing.

2 comments:

ordinary girl said...

I'm praying for him Shannon. I'm hoping it's nothing and he'll be feeling better soon. (((Hugs)))

Delia said...

Many prayers for Benjamin. And for the doctors, and for you Shannon. Hugs to you!!

Post a Comment