CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby steps

We're taking baby steps in the right direction. Even if they are small as long as they are in the right direction I am happy. Benjamin's tummy is looking better every day. He is still swollen..I have to remind myself that its only 2 weeks post surgery so he is rightfully swollen still. It seems his last surgery was so long ago already. His tummy was definitely less red today though. I'm glad that things are starting to settle. The nurse measured the open area of his incision and it has gotten smaller, so we are so thankful for that. Hopefully over the next week it will close up.

I spent the afternoon snuggling with him. It was nice. I haven't spent much time holding him lately because he seems to be a little uncomfortable if we move him around to much...but today once he found his comfy spot he slept on me for 2.5 hours...it was heaven. Jon and I now do all the work when we are there, which we love. Its so nice to feel like a parent and to be able to do things for him. I'm so happy with the way things are going..even if they are slow. Hopefully tomorrow they will increase feeds again. They left him at 3mls all weekend. I kind of wished they would have increased today, but they didn't. So I'm sure they will tomorrow.

Anyways, it feels like things are under control finally and we can breathe a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment