CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Emotional day


Today was a hard day...Benjamin had a couple of spells where his heart rate dropped yesterday and overnight last night. He also has been spitting up a bit. His oxygen requirements went up in the past 24hrs so the doctors are trying to figure out what is going on. So he had a full round of bloodwork and x-rays. I was so worried. But everything came back fine. His hemoglobin is still low, but hasn't dropped any lower. So now he is getting iron to try to help with the anemia. His x-rays were great. The doctor thinks that he is having so reflux, so they increased his medication for that. I hope that helps. His bilirubin has gone up. I think he's looking a little jaundice...we're hoping in the next week or so it will start to go down. Its all a side effect from his TPN...IV nutrients. So as his feeds go up his TPN goes down..and does less harm to his liver. This is one of my biggest worries right now.

Anyways, tonight I went back to the hospital and snuggled up with him in a kangaroo chair. He laid so peacefully on my chest and we even could reduce his oxygen flow. So when I left it was back to where it was yesterday. Its so nice just to snuggle...and I know he loves it because his oxygen saturation goes up..his heart rate lowers and his respirations stabilize. I wish I could be there around the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment