CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Frustration


Today has been frustrating. Benjamin is doing well, but the doctor on this week (a different doctor then last week) changed the way we were covering his stoma/incision. I hadn't seen it in 24hours and when I finally saw it this afternoon it had gotten worse again. I wish they would have just left things the way they were, he was healing so well. So tonight Jon and I told his nurse to do it the old way again... I guess we have have the right to do that. The nurse had the original plan typed up and hanging on the wall by his bed, but then it all changed so another nurse crossed stuff off an changed it all..so it seems so confusing. Its so frustrating..so we're going to have a meeting with the doctor tomorrow.

Tonight when we went in Benjamin was sleeping under his little tent. When we looked under the blankets were completely over his head and his oxygen prongs were out of his nose. No one knows how long he was sleeping like that, but he never had an issue with no oxygen in so that's promising. The doctor also increased his feeds to 7mls/hour. We're almost halfway there. He seems to be tolerating that well. I'm so thankful.

2 comments:

ordinary girl said...

He's so darn cute! I love his hats!! I'm still praying for him everyday.

Tanya said...

:D He is adorable.

that really must be frustrating to have things change when they were working so well. :(

I'm glad you have set things straight.

Sweet dreams Benjamin

Post a Comment