CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Progress


All is well and progress is being made. Benjamin was switched to the regular ventilator today and is doing well on it. Hopefully within the next couple days he will be extubated. He's tried a few times to extubate himself, but we have managed to stop him. His tummy is less puffy and things seem to be starting to move...the stoma is slowly start to drain a little, which is good. The surgeon was in again to take a peak and was happy with how things were going. His morphine was also turned down today and he seemed to tolerate it well.

So overall things are going well. We are taking things one day at a time and praying that things will continue to go smoothly.

5 comments:

ordinary girl said...

He looks less puffy in that pic of him today. I can't get over how cute he is and how much he is fighting!! Keep it up Benjamin!

Tanya said...

:) love his little rose bud lips :) I know not a great description of a baby boys lips but his are so cute :) I can't wait for both of you to be home and feeling great. prayers continue always :)\

ShannonC. said...

I can't believe the difference in "puffyness" from Wed to Thurs. When I am sitting there its not as noticeable, but when I look at pics I can really see it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon! I'm friends with Amy Abeid and also the mom of a 4-month-old boy. Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and your little angel every day.

Tracey said...

Hi Shannon! I'm a friend of Lisa's - I took your family photos back in the fall...
Just wanted you to know that our family continues to pray for Benjamin and your family. What a little fighter he is! I think he looks like Camden (and sometimes I see Dougie in there too). Looking forward to taking pictures of him at the next family photo shoot!
Take care.
Tracey Edgar-Stubgen

Post a Comment