CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 2, 2010

Will power

My little man has will power. He had a good day today. He seemed to be very peaceful. He got another transfusion today. His hemoglobin was low, most likely from blood loss during surgery. The morphine has been lowered again and he's pretty comfortable. But tonight when daddy arrived at the hospital he lifted up the blanket to take a peak into the incubater Benjamin was in the process of extubating himself. He hates the tube in his nose...and for him to be able to remove that tube with all the tape he needed to have a lot of will power. I'm hoping he'll be able to manage on high flow, but there is a chance he will need to be re-intubated because he is on morphine which suppresses his breathing. So fingers crossed he'll do well on high flow.
Anyways, all is well. I'm hoping tomorrow we'll get some answers about when he can start to eat. I think they will send a dye through his system and then do an x-ray to make sure there are no leaks before they start feeding. I'm so anxious to get that started. I just pray everything will function properly.

2 comments:

ordinary girl said...

"But tonight when daddy arrived at the hospital he lifted up the blanket to take a peak into the incubater Benjamin was in the process of extubating himself" That part made me smile!! That little guy is a fighter!! So happy! I hope that he'll do just fine on the high flow!!

Tanya said...

:D what a little stinker :) It seems like he is taking charge of his own business. keep up the good work Benjamin :) I'm so happy that things are moving in the right direction :)

Tan


(not Benjamins Aunt Tanya )

Post a Comment