CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So excited


When we got to the hospital after rounds today the nurse told me I could start trying to breastfeed. I'm a sooo excited. We tried for a few minutes today, but Benjamin was very tired...so he latched once and sucked a few times, but that's all. I know this will be a process. But just to be able to try is an amazing. I am allowed to try 2x a day for about 15min. The biggest issue is keeping him awake and the fact that he is on continuous feeds...his tummy is never empty so he's not real hungry so he's not that motivated right now. But we'll keep working away at it..for development purposes.

We changed the way the nurses were doing his dressing and by the end of the day his incision started looking a bit better. So we're sticking with the original way. The doctor also decided to try thickening up my breast milk on his continuous feeds to see if it would keep his stool from being so watery....when its so watery it can break the skin down more. So I hope that works...we're willing to try anything. So we're sitting at 7ml/hour for now..which I am happy with. Hopefully in a few more days they will increase again. We'll see.

So for now, all is well and we are greatful.

6 comments:

ordinary girl said...

What no pics!! :) That is fabulous news!!

Tanya said...

Congrats :):) I'm so glad that he could attempt BFing, :)

and I agree with Jenn, no pics ?

:)

ShannonC. said...

Sorry..heres a pic. I was trying upload a video, but it didn't work

jules said...

wonderful!!

ordinary girl said...

he is so adorable!! I ment of you breast feeding though lol!

Tanya said...

:) thanks for sharing Shannon. He is such a sweet little guy :) His eyes are so big :)

:)

Post a Comment