CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Big progress today!!! We have been bottling Benjamin 2mls-3mls more every 3 hours to try to work our way up to full feeds which is 80mls. This morning I bottled him 55mls and then 60ish at noon. While bottling him at noon the doctor came in and told us just to bottle him the total 80mls next time. I was a little hesitant, and so was the nurse. I had to leave early today so I left it up the the nurse, what she felt comfortable doing. She bottled the whole 80mls and he took it all and had no issues. So his is now full feeds every three hours like a normal baby. Praise GOD!!!! He just keeps getting better at it. He also took matters into his own hands and pulled his feeding tube out himself. I thought they would put it back in, but Jon called and they didn't. So as long as he does well the feeding the tube is gone. Yay!! He has no tubes, IV, or lines of any sort for the first time ever!! I'm so thankful, excited, nervous and scared....all at the same time. Keep praying for continued progress and lots of growing.

1 comment:

ordinary girl said...

oh Shannon that's great news!!!

Post a Comment