CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Today Benjamin was cranky. I'm not really sure what's going on. He's definitely gassy, so I'm not sure if its something that I ate and past through in my milk or if its just he's not feeling great because everything is still healing and needs time. He was fine when we were holding him and laying on his tummy on me, but he was very cranky in his bed. Tummy sleeping is best for digestion and helps kids with reflux, but they won't allow him to sleep on his tummy there, because of the whole SIDS issue. I understand in a way, but he is hooked up to a monitor so you think if it would help him with his issues they would let us put him on his tummy. Anyways, they gave him some tylenol tonight, so if its anything besides his tummy it might help. I hate seeing him uncomfortable and if he doesn't settle out I might head out and spend the night with him. He's up to 14mls/hour now...the make it or break it number. We've been up to 14mls twice now and he hasn't tolerated it. But he's been on it since around noon and so far hasn't had any spit ups or major reflux episodes. So I'm hopeful we can work past it. Tomorrow we will 3/4 of the way to full feeds. That's exciting. The surgeon decided to keep going slow, because he seems to need it. So we have a little over a week until full feeds. In the grand scheme of things another week isn't that long. Tomorrow we are going to start working with the occupational therapist who specializes in feeding. I'm hoping she can get Benjamin bottling better. The ideal thing is to having him bottling every 3 hours or so during the day. He gets 1 hours worth of milk in the bottle. The doctor is confident that he'll just suddenly catch on and do fine. If he doesn't he can still come home with NG tube. Anyways I'm optimstic that this week will be a good quiet week with progress. There is a faint light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment