CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010



Change makes me so anxious. Today we started the transition from continuous feeds to bolus feeds. So far so good. Around 2pm we started giving him 3 hours worth of milk in 2.5 hours. That's a 5 ml/hour increase. But as of 9:00pm Benjamin was great. No throwing up or anything. I think he is feeling so hungry and the increase will help. Last night he was very cranky and did not sleep well, but I think he's just hungry. So if all goes well, I think tomorrow they will push him again. He's lost so more weight, so I'm a little concerned about that. I think tomorrow they will fortify my milk..so hopefully that doesn't irritate his tummy either. We new absorption could be an issue. Over all his weight gain hasn't been terrible, but its not consistently going up.
Benjamin was awake for a while tonight. He was sitting in a bouncy chair watching everyone in the room. He's so interested in everything now, he's just so bright. He stayed awake for over 2 hours and was still awake when I left. He's just such a good boy.
Anyways, pray that this transition goes smoothly..and that Benjamin starts to gain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment