CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things are good. Today was a good day. Benjamin is doing great. He's been putting on weight well. I'm so happy that he's getting so much of my milk now. It will just help heal his body so much better. Today Benjamin took 2 bottles. First thing this morning he bottled with the OT and did well. He still has the occaisional episode where he forgets to breathe and his heart rate drops, but he seems to be getting the hang of it. This afternoon I bottled him. I was so nervous and I know that doesn't help the situation. The OT sat with me watched me as I fed him just to give me tips and support. Right off the bat he choked, but he recovered well and did well for the rest of the bottle. He ended up taking 16mls, which is the most he's ever taken. While I was burping him he turned his head and started rooting, which was funny, but excellent because he knows what to do. So the doctor gave me the ok to try breastfeeding again. I'm going to pump first so he doesn't get to much, but its great for practice and even better for bonding. I'm looking forward to that. They increased his feeds again today..and so far so good. He didn't spit up at all today and was very happy. Every day that passes I'm more thankful..its a day closer to home.

1 comment:

ordinary girl said...

such great news!! I'm so glad you can try breastfeeding again!! He is such a champ!

Post a Comment